I have been unable to access my main gmail account all day. I get a server error message.
It seems that I’m not the only one having problems with gmail today. Just another sign that I shouldn’t be using Gmail for critical data storage or communication.
Someone in the google groups reported getting this back from Google after reporting their account was locked out:
“Thank you for your report. We apologize for any confusion or
inconvenience. For your security, we may temporarily disable access to
your account if our system detects abnormal usage. Abnormal usage
includes, but is not limited to:
– Receiving, deleting, or popping out large amounts of mail (via POP)
short period of time
– Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that
– Using third party file-sharing or storing software, or software that
automatically logs in to your account and that is not supported by
– Multiple instances of your Gmail account opened
– Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser
continually reloading while attempting to access your inbox, it is
a browser issue.
UPDATE #2: Within 5 minutes of me submitting a ticket, the problem has been fixed and I can log in.